The administration and finance unit provides the tools that CBE JU needs to pursue its overall mission. With a service-minded approach, it ensures the effective and efficient use of all available resources across all CBE JU activities.
In particular, the administration and finance unit:
- safeguards CBE JU’s financial interests by coordinating the preparation of operational and operating budgets;
- ensures that CBU JU’s financial operations are carried out in compliance with procedures, legality and regularity requirements, following sound financial management principles, and recorded in accordance with the accounting rules and standards;
- ensures legal soundness of CBE JU’s operations;
- carries out the risk assessment, ensures the effectiveness of internal controls and follows up audits;
- ensures timely recruitment, adequate allocation of human resources and a high-quality working environment;
- provides statutory and administrative assistance, career guidance, training and promotes equal opportunities for all CBE JU staff;
- guarantees secure, efficient and high-quality IT services and infrastructure contributing to a productive and efficient working environment for CBE JU staff and external stakeholders.