Building a greener, safer and better Europe!
You can make a difference by joining CBE JU
A career at CBE JU
Develop your career with us! We are always looking for talents from a range of disciplines.
Working for CBE JU means being part of a dynamic, challenging and multicultural team.
- A rewarding mission
- Professional growth and development opportunities
- Work in a dynamic and multicultural team
- A safe and healthy working environment
- Life in Brussels, the capital of Europe
At CBE JU, English is the working language.
Who we look for
- Project officers are responsible for the management of CBE JU calls for project proposals and for the implementation of the projects funded by its predecessor, BBI JU
- Financial assistants carry out financial operations and coordinate the preparation of budgets
- Communication specialists deliver integrated CBE JU communications
- Assistants provide general support to the programme office
- Trainees put into practice their skills and knowledge to support CBE JU activities within their specific areas of competence while acquiring practical experience in an EU organisation
You may be employed under different types of contracts depending on your functions and experience. As a European Union body, the CBE JU working and contractual conditions are based on the Staff Regulations of Officials and the Conditions of Employment of other Servants of the European Communities.
What we offer
In addition to the basic salary, we offer various benefits depending on your personal situation.
We care about:
Your lifelong learning
- Your learning and development plan includes training for professional growth and personal interest.
Your work-life balance
- Flexible working hours.
- A wide range of leaves on personal grounds.
- Teleworking arrangements and part-time work (50, 60, 70, 80 or 90%).
- Work-life balance with many well-being initiatives.
Your integration into CBE JU
- You will receive a newcomer package when you take up your duties.
- CBE JU reimburses removal expenses and pays travel costs for new staff members and their families.
- New staff members are also entitled to an installation allowance, which is equal to one month’s basic salary for single staff or two basic salaries for staff members with a family.
- You are entitled to family allowances for spouses and dependent children.
- You have access to one of the four European schools in Brussels.
- The Joint Sickness Insurance Scheme of the European institutions automatically covers all statutory staff members.
Your peace of mind
- A medical and accident insurance will cover you and your dependent family members worldwide and 24/7, even during holidays.
- You will have a final salary pension scheme and departure package that covers the costs of your return from Brussels to your place of origin.
Read more about salaries and grades, benefits, deductions and contributions in the Staff Regulations of Officials and the Conditions of Employment of other Servants of the European Communities.
All CBE JU staff are recruited through open selection procedures following rigorous rules of transparency and equity. The CBE JU, as an EU body, applies a policy of equal opportunities and non-discrimination in accordance with article 1d of the Staff Regulations.
CBE JU publishes all its job opportunities on the vacancies page. Most job opportunities are for a specific position in a particular unit, but there are also open calls used to create reserve lists.
The CBE JU does not consider spontaneous applications.
Recruitment of temporary and contract agents
Each application is screened based on the job profile requirements stated in the vacancy notice. The most suitable applicants are called for an assessment exercise - typically an interview and a written test.
A reserve list of suitable candidates for the position may be established. The executive director decides on the appointment of the selected candidate. Successful candidates receive an electronic offer letter.
Open calls for trainees aim at creating pools of young talents. Each application is screened based on the eligibility criteria.
The most suitable candidates are contacted for an interview to discuss their expectations and availability. The executive director decides on the appointment of the selected candidate.
Interim job opportunities
The CBE JU may hire interim staff for short-term placement during periods of peak workload or cover long-term absences. If you are interested in becoming an interim staff, please register with our current service providers:
The most suitable candidates are contacted for an interview to discuss CBE JU’s expectations and their availability. The executive director takes the final decision on the appointment of the selected candidate.
- Council Regulation establishing CBE JU
- Staff Regulations of Officials and Conditions of Employment of Other Servants of the European Union
- Decision of the BBI JU Governing Board on the procedure governing the engagement and use of temporary staff under Article 2(f) of the CEOS of the European Union
- Decision of the BBI JU Governing Board on middle management staff
- Decision of the BBI JU Governing Board governing the conditions of employment of contract staff employed under the terms of Article 3a
- Annex I - Contract staff selection procedure
- Annex II - Taking account of qualifications and professional experience for purposes of grading contract staff in their function group
- Annex III - Rules applicable to changes in engagement following a contract with BBI JU or with another Union agency or institution
- Decision of the BBI JU Governing Board on rules governing the traineeship scheme