The bodies of CBE JU are:
CBE JU’s Governing Board is the main decision-making body. An equal number of representatives from the European Union and BIC compose the Governing Board.
Among other tasks, the Board:
- Supervises the implementation of the yearly work programme and budget
- Approves the annual work programme and activity report
The Executive Director is the chief executive in charge of the CBE JU’s day-to-day management. Nicoló Giacomuzzi-Moore is the acting Executive Director of CBE JU.
The Executive Director:
- Implements Governing Board decisions
- Is accountable to the Governing Board
- Is the CBE JU’s legal representative
- Manages the programme office that implements CBE JU actions
States' representatives group
The states’ representatives group is an advisory body representing the EU Member States and associated countries.
Among other tasks, the states’ representatives group:
- Provides opinion on the operations of CBE JU
- Advises on the progress of the programme implementation, the Strategic Research and Innovation Agenda, annual work programme and activity report
- Expresses its judgement on measures taken to address specific objectives of the initiative
The Scientific Committee is an advisory body of the CBE JU.
This advisory body:
- Provides advice on the scientific priorities to be addressed in the CBE JU’s work programme in line with the Strategic Research and Innovation Agenda and the Horizon Europe strategic planning
- Helps highlight scientific achievements of the programme
- Suggests corrective measures for the programme implementation when necessary
- Provides independent scientific advice on specific issues at the request of the Governing Board
The Deployment Groups bring together a wide range of CBE JU’s stakeholders to advise the Governing Board on issues related to the deployment of sustainable bio-based solutions.