Governing Board is the main decision-making body of CBE JU. It supervises the implementation of the CBE JU’s objectives, adopts its Strategic Research and Innovation Agenda, as well as its yearly work programme and budget, and approves the annual activity report of CBE JU, among other tasks.
The Governing Board is composed of five representatives from the European Commission and five from BIC.
Find more information on the functioning and tasks of the CBE JU’s Governing Board in articles 15-17 of the Council regulation (EU) 2021/2085 of 19 November 2021.
Members of the CBE JU Governing Board
- Chair: John BELL, Director for Healthy Planet, DG RTD
- Vice-Chair: Rob BEEKERS, Director of New Business Development at Cargill Bio-Industrial Group
European Commission members:
- John BELL, Director for Healthy Planet, DG RTD - Declaration of interest
- Kristin SCHREIBER, Director for Ecosystems I: Chemicals, Food, Retail, DG GROW - Declaration of interest
- Peter DROELL, Director for Prosperity, DG RTD - Declaration of interest
- Diego CANGA FANO, Director for Quality Policy, Research & Innovation, Outreach, DG AGRI, - Declaration of interest
- Pavel MISIGA, Head of Unit for Circular Economy & Bio-based Systems, DG RTD - Declaration of interest
European Commission members are appointed by the Commission Decision 8911 (2021) of 13 December 2021.
Bio-based Industries Consortium (BIC) members:
- Rob BEEKERS, Director of New Business Development at Cargill Bio-Industrial Group - Declaration of interest
- Alex MICHINE, Managing Director, of MetGen - Declaration of interest
- Giulia GREGORI, Strategic Planning and Corporate Communication at Novamont - Declaration of interest
- Mat QUAEDVLIEG, Manufacturing SFPE, Vice-President Strategic Business Projects, Sappi - Declaration of interest
- Frank VAN NOORD, Vice-President for Innovation at Cosun - Declaration of interest
Decisions of the CBE JU Governing Board
- Rules of Procedure
- Decision approving the list of decisions adopted by the Bio-based Industries Joint Undertaking that shall continue to apply for the Circular Bio-based Europe Joint Undertaking
- Decision approving the selection process for the members of the Scientific Advisory Body of the Circular Bio-based Europe Joint Undertaking