Congratulations to Sari Tasa, the Finnish representative in the CBE JU states’ representatives group (SRG) who took on this important role today.
‘The CBE JU is doing an impressive work to scale up the bioeconomy in Europe as a solution to global challenges,’ said Ms Tasa in her address to the SRG members after her election. ‘We urgently need to address these challenges, and I see no better way to do it than in this group. CBE JU’s SRG is a powerful unit of like-minded people who, together with the joint undertaking and its founding partners can raise awareness about the importance of bioeconomy and push forward new types of thinking, collaboration and business models,’ she added.
The CBE JU is doing an impressive work to scale up the bioeconomy in Europe as a solution to global challenges
Sari Tasa, CBE JU states’ representatives group Chair
Among priorities identified by Ms Tasa for her mandate are:
- Contribution to the CBE JU annual work programme, in view of expanding bioeconomy in the direction of industrial policy
- Support to the CBE JU widening participation strategy with improved information flows in the target countries
- Boosting resources, skills and people in bioeconomy, as well as strengthening European biotechnology in facing the competition of the global superpowers
The CBE JU SRG is an advisory body representing the EU Member States and associated countries. Among other tasks, the SRG:
- Provides an opinion on the operations of CBE JU
- Advises on the progress of the programme implementation, the Strategic Research and Innovation Agenda, annual work programme and activity report
- Expresses its judgement on measures taken to address specific objectives of the initiative
CBE JU would like to thank Agata Foks, the previous SRG Chair and Polish representative, for her remarkable contribution to the group’s and CBE JU’s work.