The programme unit is responsible for implementing the CBE JU programme by organising the calls for proposals and managing the selected projects. By doing that, it supports research, demonstration, and deployment activities in the European bioeconomy sector.
The programme unit is in charge of:
- coordinating the CBE JU annual work programme,
- contributing to SRIA preparation and review,
- managing calls and evaluating the received proposals,
- preparing grant agreements,
- managing projects,
- overall programme monitoring and reporting,
- secretariat of the CBE JU advisory bodies,
- horizontal activities, including studies and synergies with other initiatives.